Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Being violated

And I don't mean in a good way either. I am steaming mad. If you have read my past blog entries then you already know that I am away from home for work. While away I am living in an apartment on a three month lease. This is my last month here. Since I am leaving to go home, my company gave notice to my landlord as was agreed in the contract.


So while I stepped out for lunch today I left my phone home as I was only leaving to walk a block over to a local restaurant. So when I got back I saw 4 people including my landlord, shutting the door to my apartment as they were exiting from a tour!


He said I tried to call you and since you didn't answer I had to go ahead and show these people your apartment. Hope you don't mind.


Ok. So the prospective tenants looked like homeless people and they just walked through my apartment with my things exposed. Like my MacBook which probably beckoned them to "steal me later". Or a firearm that is in the nightstand for personal protection. And more embarrasing than that would be the dildo and butt plug in the shower, the riding crop in the windowsill and the rope anchors on the futon frame. Being sick the past couple weeks we have not played with the toys, but I guess I should have been more careful to out them away.


The problem is that the landlord's calls to notify were at 455 an 457, I sww them leaving my apsetment at 525. Not very much notice is it?! Any lawyers want a case? I have a voicemail of the landlord saying he is entering anyway since he can't get in touch with me!


So I my new problem is that in addition to my right to privacy being frequently violated so he can show my apartment and valuables to vagabonds. Yes my company put me in the worst part of town, so the prospect clientele is really crazy. I also have to work third shift then go home and be woken up at all hours for tours. I am drafting a letter; well M.A. Is drafting the letter to are what we can do about a schedule that is mutually agreeable.


It is just embarrasing to know strangers were looking at my stuff and maybe judging me. What would you do?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Tom Allen said...

::laughs::

Something similar happened to me once. While I'm generally careful about not advertising my sexual preferences, I managed to get over the embarrassment by remembering that these people would never see me again. I can be a lot less embarrassed around strangers than around cow-orkers and family.

As to the personal possessions? Backup your data and keep it in a safe place. Everything else can be replaced.