Sunday, February 17, 2008

Something to look forward to

We have been married 2 1/2 years. When we first met I thought he was as optimistic as Me. But over the past year and a half or so, he always seemed to be such a pessimist. Didn't enjoy work, bored at home, a little depressed; this was my husband's m.o. Making a decision to leave for the other side of the country to work for 3 months, then coming home for the holidays and then leaving again for 3 months was sad, but it didn't seem like the end of the world. We could both manage our day to day lives. We would miss each other, but leaving was a financially sound reason to go. Looking back, we merely lost the day to day companionship that is much easier to deal with than the now loss of passion and need we feel to see each other.

So a little history, when he left for his first position on the other side of the country, it was new, I was scared about taking all of the responsibilities of home, but excited to visit a new part of the country when I went to visit him. After 4-5 weeks we planned a spontaneous visit (conjugal, of course). When I got there I was ecstatic to see him and him me. I longed to stay with my friend, my companion and the man who had been my lover. The first night we tried to make up for lost time...but it was a lot of work and I don't think either of us really came out of it feeling satisfied. Orgasm yes, utter passion and fulfillment, not a chance (for either of us!). I should tell women who skeptically read this, that he was not getting his fulfillment from another woman. Though we have never been able to claim passion, we have always "satisfied" the needs of the other. I don't think either one of us would think about straying from a lifelong partner just because we felt a little blah about our sexual encounters. We are both attentive and strive to please the other, so there has never been a problem causing us to feel detached and look for companionship elsewhere. We are also great friends, we enjoy exploring together, sharing thoughts and debating political subjects.

When he returned for the holidays, I was so eager to have him home. I longed to lay next to him, to be by his side and have him by mine. He is my best friend; my confidant was coming home. But three short weeks later he was off again. This time we picked someplace closer so we could be on the same time zone and have more hope of visiting between our schedules. And again...it was hard to say goodbye, but not impossible.

Now, now...I am like a school girl. Since the confession of his desires, I cannot eat, I cannot sleep. We talk about every spare moment of the day we are both available (which can easily be 3-4 hours). We communicate about the day to day things but then we evoke sensual feelings of need and passion in each other. It is not something I try to do, he just inspires me! :-) When my knight comes home for a visit this weekend, I am guessing it will be impossible to let him go back. Our relationship, as good as it was before, has reached an elevated level of, well, all I can call it is being synced; being two people with the same needs and desires and being able to communicate those in a way that invokes passion.

My once gloomy knight has stopped complaining...about work, about being bored, about EVERYTHING. The only thing on his mind is Me and getting to me as quickly as he can. He looks forward to serving his queen and I look forward to being served.

No comments: